Requirements for Visa:
– A valid passport with one passport -size photo (Light background).
– Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: US Dollar, Euro,Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Japanese Yen, Hong Kong Dollar
and Singapore Dollar.
– Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
|Multiple entry||15 days||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||30 days||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||90 days||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency|
Gratis (Free) Visa:
– For 1st visit in one visa year (January to December), gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of SAARC countries, like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
However, for extension of visa for SAARC nationals, the rule is same as on payment of visa fee as specified above.
– Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
For Visa Extension:
– Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31) extending the visa at the rate of 2 US $ per day. However, a minimum amount of 30 US$ has to be paid for a period of 15 days or less.
Other Visa Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934